Tuesday, September 15, 2009

FAQ



Chapter 01


  1. Question 4 (1 point)
    ____ consist(s) of a computer’s electronic components that store instructions waiting to be executed and data needed by those instructions. My Answer: Storage Correct Answer: Memory




  2. Question 7 (1 point) When a computer connects to a network, such as the one in the accompanying figure, it is ____.My Answer:linked Correct Answer:online




  3. Question 27 (1 point)
    A(n) ____ computer is a special-purpose computer that functions as a component in a larger product.
    My Answer
    :integral Correct Answer:embedded




  4. Question 29 (1 point)
    An increasing number of employees and students are ____ users, who work on a computer while away from a main office or school.
    My Answer
    :SOHO Correct Answer:mobile




  5. Question 43 (1 point)
    Modified Multiple Choice____ is/are a main component(s) on the motherboard.
    My Answer
    :The processor Correct Answer:The processor & Memory




  6. Question 45 (1 point)
    Modified Multiple Choice____ are a type of system software.
    My Answer
    : Operating systems, Desktop publishing programs, Application programs & Utility programs Correct Answer:Operating systems & Utility programs




  7. Question 46 (1 point)
    Data conveys meaning and is useful to one or more people.
    My Answer
    : True Correct Answer: False




  8. Question 50 (1 point)
    A(n) application system provides a means for users to communicate with a computer and other software.
    My Answer
    : True Correct Answer: False




  9. Question 51 (1 point)
    Computers process output (information) into input (data).
    My Answer
    : True Correct Answer: False




  10. Question 52 (1 point)
    You insert and remove an external hard disk from the computer or a device connected to the computer.
    My Answer
    : True Correct Answer: False




  11. Question 57 (1 point)
    Application software consists of the programs that control or maintain the operations of the computer and its devices.
    My Answer
    : True Correct Answer: False




  12. Question 62 (1 point)
    The most popular type of mobile computer is the desktop computer like the one in the accompanying figure.
    My Answer
    : True Correct Answer: False




  13. Question 69 (1 point)
    Most major corporations use supercomputers for daily business activities.
    My Answer
    : True Correct Answer: False




  14. Question 71 (1 point)
    The accounting department in a large business uses desktop publishing software to prepare marketing literature.
    My Answer
    : True Correct Answer: False




  15. Question 76 (1 point)
    Recently, ____________________ has become an essential part of the information processing cycle. My Answer: Do not know Correct Answer: communications




  16. Question 77 (1 point)
    Some people refer to the series of input, process, output, and storage activities as the information ____________________ cycle.
    My Answer
    : medium Correct Answer: processing




  17. Question 79 (1 point)
    A(n) ____________________ device is any hardware component that conveys information to one or more people.
    My Answer
    : communication Correct Answer: output




  18. Question 81 (1 point)
    A(n) ____________________ disc, such as a CD-ROM or DVD-ROM, is a flat, round, portable metal disc with a plastic coating.
    My Answer
    : Media Correct Answer: Optical




  19. Question 82 (1 point)
    The ____________________ unit is a case that contains electronic components of a computer that are used to process data.
    My Answer
    : tower Correct Answer: system




  20. Question 83 (1 point)
    The ____________________ is the electronic component that interprets and carries out the basic instructions that operate the computer.
    My Answer
    : processor Correct Answer: central processing unit (CPU)




  21. Question 85 (1 point)
    The term ____________________ refers to Web sites that provide a means for users to share personal information, allow users to modify the Web site contents, and/or have software built into the site for users to access. My Answer: Blog Correct Answer: Web 2.0



  22. Question 86 (1 point)
    A(n) ____________________ computer is a personal computer you can carry from place to place. My Answer: handheld Correct Answer: mobile



  23. Question 89 (1 point)
    ____________________ provide personal organization functions such as a calendar, appointment book, address book, calculator, and notepad. My Answer: PDA's Correct Answer: Personal digital assistants, PDAs , Personal digital assistants (PDAs) or PDAs (Personal digital assistants)



  24. Question 92 (1 point)
    Microsoft’s Xbox 360 and Sony’s PlayStation 3 are examples of ____________________. My Answer: gaming consoles Correct Answer: game consoles



  25. Question 95 (1 point)
    Consumer electronics, office machines, and automobiles all can contain ____________________ computers.My Answer: integral Correct Answer: embedded
Reviewing my answers, I can clearly see where I made my mistakes and why. In some cases, it was simply a spelling conflict such as questions 89 and 92. Other times I knew what I was thinking of, but didn't know the complete or proper terminology involved. Last, I had wrong answers simply because I don't yet know the information.

No comments:

Post a Comment